The God Myth -- Excerpts from Chapter 3: The Great Identity Theft
- Over the last two millennia, a great robbery has been underway in western civilizations-identity theft-and you have been the victim. Your true identity has been systematically stolen so that the thieves can control you, thereby enjoying great prestige and a healthy income at your expense. And they left two decoys in place of your true identity-the myths of God and Jesus. What a brilliant and masterful ploy-hide the real truths and leave decoys in their place!
The God Myth
- The God myth tells us that there is a separate God up there or out there who: (1) created what we see around us, (2) demands certain things from us, (3) watches and judges us in our daily lives and, (4) at some far distant point in time, will give us a cosmic thumbs up or down depending on whether we give God what He wants. Then it's an eternity of either stoking the fires of Hell or enjoying glorious salvation in Heaven. How did this myth come about? It did not originate in the Bible but was already an ancient misunderstanding in Middle Eastern oral tradition long before the books making up the Old Testament were even contemplated. We need to go back much further in time.
- What caused the dramatic evolutionary discontinuities 35,000 and 5,000 years ago that baffle archeologists?
- The answer lies in the interpretation by Zecharia Sitchin and others of a story recorded on clay tablets found in many ancient cultures, such as Sumer, Akkadia and Mesopotamia. Sitchin's Earth Chronicles series tells of a species of extraterrestrial called, in ancient Akkadian, Anunnaki (An-nun-na-ki, or "the fifty who went to heaven"), about 450,000 years ago, came to Earth and chose the land of Sumer as their base because of the abundant water, oil, and temperate climate (an Ice Age was just ending). Based in Eridu, their purpose was to mine gold, which they needed to diffuse into the thinning atmosphere of their own planet to protect against radiation and retain their planet's heat.
- Ancient Sumerian clay tablets, written much later, record that their home planet, NIB.IRU (now Nibiru), makes a large elliptical orbit round our Sun, coming in close for 200 years every 3,670 years, a period they call a "shar." (Measuring time in such units means that their lifespan is several thousand Earth years.)
- Sitchin identifies three main steps in civilization: 11000, 7400 and 3800 BCE, which coincide with Nibiru's entry into our solar system. These steps took mankind from nomadic hunter-gatherers to highly sophisticated cultures, with courts, libraries and universities. And these ancient cultures attribute all this to a pantheon of gods that formed an extended family, headed by a dynastic leader named Anu. The Sumerians called them Nefilim ("gods who from heaven came to Earth") and Elohim ("shining ones"), terms that would one day make it into the Old Testament.
- The Sumerian legend says that the ET contingent was led by scientist EN.KI, who was later backed up by a military commander called EN.LIL (both sons of Anu, the Nibiruan ruler). A team of workers came to Earth and set up a lab to extract gold from the Persian Gulf waters. However, the yield was too low, so they resorted to mining in what is now South Africa. On the next pass of Niburu, 300 miners were assigned to work round the clock. Mining was hard, tedious work even with their advanced technology and, after 40 Nibiru orbits (or 144,000 years), the Anunnaki workers rebelled, taking En-lil hostage. Anu arrived to resolve the situation, and En-ki suggested engineering some "primitive workers," which he and their chief medical officer set out to create. They used male Anunnaki DNA to fertilize the eggs of female terrestrial primates, much like rhesus monkeys, and placed the fertilized embryos in Anunnaki females ("birth goddesses") for gestation. After much experimentation, he created primitive workers, known as the "black-headed people." They were intelligent enough to toil in the mines but not so intelligent that they presented discipline problems. Some of the workers were also sent back to the ET headquarters in Mesopotamia. Spanning countless millennia, the tablets paint a bleak picture of the lives of these slave animals. These beings had hive souls, group memories, and no mental bodies.
- In the beginning, the hybrids were sterile (as with the mule, a cross between a donkey and a horse), and the Anunnaki females mutinied, tired of being pregnant all the time, so En-Ki managed to produce fertile hybrids that quickly proliferated. Of course, some escaped and bands of them began roaming the planet. Between 200,000 BCE and 100,000 BCE, the planet underwent an Ice Age, which killed many off.
- En-ki kept experimenting and, 35,000 years ago, came up with a more intelligent worker-our direct ancestors, Cro-Magnon man. The tablets tell of how he enhanced the human body to give it dramatically greater mental powers. Meanwhile, we on the soul plane worked to improve the human body's "soul-carrying" ability, which allowed us as souls to incarnate into those physical bodies. (As we will see later, how a soul attaches to a fetus in the womb in preparation for a new incarnation is extremely complex. It involves consciousness integrating with the brain and hence the rest of the body, and also hooking up to the system of chakras and meridians that the body creates. Few species have nervous systems that are complex enough to support fully interactive incarnation, which simply means "in flesh.")
- Souls would attach to these bodies prior to birth and remained attached until the body ceased to be habitable due to illness, accident or just old age. After a period of reflection and evaluation on the soul plane, we souls would attach to new bodies, i.e., reincarnation. Despite the harsh conditions on Earth, we souls loved doing this, due to the intensity of sensory physical experience, and we became fascinated with how well we could interact with these new bodies.
- More powerful minds allowed for language, which helped us cooperate with each other in the mining and other work. At some point, the Neanderthals were either killed off or allowed to die off, and that evolutionary branch was closed. The Anunnaki also built into the human DNA an aging mechanism called "replicative failure" to ensure progressive degradation of the human body's cells. To us, this made them practically immortal.
- Eventually, the ancient legends tell us, the population of humans became so numerous and troublesome that En-Lil began to regret making them so advanced. At the end of the last Ice Age, during the Nibiru visit in 10800 BCE, he noticed that the proximity of the huge planet to Earth would cause the Antarctic ice-shelf to break off, crash into the ocean and create a huge planet-wide tsunami. Seeing a way to purge the Earth of its pesky humans, he intended to allow it.
- En-Ki, on the other hand, was more sympathetic to his genetic creations and spilled the beans, which allowed several of his humans to escape to high ground in boats, carrying the DNA of each animal species with them (the Noah legend). When the ice-shelf did break off, the resulting tsunami funneled up the Persian Gulf, wiping out much of the life in the Middle East. This gave birth to the legends of the flood that are found in every ancient body of knowledge on the planet. The ETs, of course, watched the disaster from the safety of their spacecraft.
- According to some sources, En-Ki had two sons, Ra and Thoth. Ra, the elder was put in charge of Khem, as Egypt was known back then, and was worshipped by the Egyptian humans as the Sun God. Being the more intellectual brother, Thoth, was a scientist, scribe and architect, and among other things, designed and built the Giza pyramids about 10,800 BCE to reflect their ancient home constellation of Orion. (The three pyramids are in the same positions relative to each other as the three stars in the belt of Orion.) Their main purposes, however, were to balance the Earth's orbit and generate energy. However, we have no idea how they performed these functions. Thoth also built the Sphinx to celebrate the planet's entrance into the Age of Leo, hence the lion's head on a human body. This entrance also occurred in the year 10,800 BCE, and the statue shows clear water damage, so this area was not always arid desert.
- Even though hundreds of Anunnaki stayed on Earth, the Nibiru flybys were significant times due to the state visits by Anu, and the consequent planning meetings. Between the 10800 and 7200 BCE visits, the new humans made great strides in organizing into hunter-gatherer bands, and formed early matriarchal societies that worshipped the Goddess principle and Mother Nature. They devised rituals to appease her and express gratitude for her gifts, especially the birth of new life. These gentle hunter-gathers lived in deep communion with Nature, preferring to settle in one place and worship their female deities.
- When Nibiru returned in 7200 BCE, Anu realized that they had made a huge mistake by underestimating the power of the human mind - spirit - body triad, and decided that this new species had to be subjugated. So they used the power of our minds against us. The God Myth had already been started, and humans already perceived the Anunnaki as gods, calling them two names: 1) Elohim, meaning "shining ones who descend from the sky," and 2) Yahweh, meaning "Lord of Earth." Anu reinforced the worship around himself, and told the human population that the Anunnaki were the Creators, and must be worshipped as gods. Given their great technology (space craft that seemed like the biblical "chariots in the sky," launchings that produced "pillars of fire," etc.) and extremely long lifespan, humans readily began to worship these ETs as gods.
- Life on Nibiru was intensely political, and marriages and alliances were made to establish and maintain power. For thousands of years, infighting among the members of the royal family and Nefilim involved vicious exchanges of nuclear bombs, particle beam weapons, etc. Hence the biblical accounts of God smiting whole populations that annoyed him-all just the power struggles of competing gods.
- The tablets continue to tell the story that, because of the shortage of eligible Anunnaki females, young Anunnaki men began to interbreed with human females ("the sons of the gods looked on the daughters of man and found them fair"), producing hybrids with great powers, such as telepathy. To administer the colonies during Nibiru's absence, these Anunnaki/human hybrids were appointed leaders or rulers, such as kings and pharaohs. Using these humans as go-between priests allowed the gods to rule their human subjects remotely, which further distanced them from humans, thereby increasing the mystique that surrounded them.
- Back in the ancient Middle East, over countless generations, a band called Hebrews left Egypt and wandered about on the Sinai Peninnsula. Near Mt. Sinai, they encountered an ET who made a deal with them. He promised them land of their own in exchange for their loyalty and obedience. Called YHVH, he gave Moses, their leader, a set of rules to live by. Eventually, the Anunnaki left the planet, but the Hebrew's oral history carried the legends of their YHVH god-man, which became the God Myth. This would later become the Old Testament's one-god called Yahweh, based on Anu, the Anunnaki king. This explains why the OT is full of stories about a vengeful being called YHVH who caused disasters, destroyed cities, and committed genocide. Even atomic weapons were used, as in the incident at Sodom and Gomorrah. The cruelty was really perpetrated by the Anunnaki overlords to discipline the slaves under their charge. Of course, the Anunnaki had maintained strict secrecy about the true Creator of All That Is, and about the soul being our real identity, which is why the master-slave God myth mentality still pervades the Western concept of a male God who gets angry when we unruly subjects don't obey his rules.
When you're done browsing this site, please visit our sister
www.All-About-Soul.com and www.DeathWithoutFear.com.
|How It All Began (1)|
|Life on the Soul Plane (2)|
|The God Myth (3)|
|The Jesus Conspiracy (4)|
|Earth Life Preparation (5)|
|Earth School (6)|
|Life as a Spiritual Being (7)|
|Soulful Relationships (8)|
|Working with Energy (9)|
|Being an Old Soul (11)|
|Life in a Spiritual Society (12)|
|The Other Side (14)|
|The Shift (15)|
|Divine Alignment (16)|
|Becoming Soul-centered (17)|